29 Sep Rainbow Swiss Chard with Toasted Garlic
Posted at 15:00h in Recipes
Rainbow Swiss Chard with Toasted Garlic
Recipe by Pieter Dijkstra, Chef de Cuisine at A Spice of Life
Photo By Joe Lavine
- 3 pounds Swiss chard
- Salt for boiling water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely shaved
- Salt and pepper to season
- Using a small knife, remove stems from chard and cut into 1-inch strips.
- In boiling salted water, blanch chard for 30 to 45 seconds.
- Remove from water and put directly into ice bath.
- When chard is cool, remove from ice bath and wring out excess water with a towel.
- Roll into towel and squeeze.
- Warm oil over medium heat. Add shaved garlic. Stir occasionally until garlic is light golden brown. Remove garlic and set aside.
- Add chard. Heat chard and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot and garnish with toasted garlic.
Number of servings (yield): 6