29 Sep Au Gratin Potatoes
Posted at 13:51h in Recipes
Au Gratin Potatoes
Recipe by Pieter Dijkstra, Chef de Cuisine at A Spice of Life
Photo By Joe Lavine
- 2-1/8 pounds sliced russet or heirloom potatoes
- 11 ounces heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded or grated cheddar cheese, plus 1/4 cup for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wash potatoes and slice thinly. Blanch (cook quickly in rapidly boiling water) until potatoes are almost cooked through.
- Drain water and place potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Add heavy cream, 1/2 cup cheddar, parsley, nutmeg, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Transfer to a 12-by-12-inch baking pan and sprinkle remaining cheese over the top. Bake uncovered until potatoes are hot and top is golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.